Mx Lines R1-Alliance Relationship Diagram
This diagram helps visualize the relationships, based on a combination of DNA and
traditional genealogical research methods, between the various Mx lines we have
currently identified as part of the R1-Alliance.
View/Download as a PDF image
It’s become obvious that a number of people are using our graphics to better understand
the possibilities for their Mx connections. In order to make this a bit easier.
we decided to expand on the legends to some of these graphics.
In our Bubble Charts, the following rules apply:
- A Red Line = A connection based on genealogical or historical data.
- A Blue Line = A connection based on Y-DNA testing
- A Green Line = A connection based on some other type of information, i.e., folklore,
word of mouth, gut feeling based on a number of contributing factors but not not
based on solid data.
- A Solid Line = A high degree of probability.
- A Broken Line = A moderate degree of probability.
- A Dotted Line = A low degree of probability, or to phrase it another way, a possibility.
- A Blue R or I = General Haplogroup.
- A Purple Series of Letters, i.e. AA or DDD = Designators used in our Strategy Paper.
More information about the lines represented on this diagram can be found at
> Mx Lines: Testing Candidates